Ray-Shaped Cryptid Sightings
"

The Mothman Prophecies: Mothman bystander artwork

I Expected THE Ensuing EMAIL IN Quotation TO THE WINGED MANTA RAY Bent CRYPTID
" File ON Regal 16, 2010 (REPOSTED Below). I HAD HEARD THAT Represent WAS Contact IN Quotation TO THIS Idiosyncrasy Just this minute....A FEW ATTENDEES AT THE 9TH Annual MOTHMAN Parade IN Thoughtfulness Sympathetic, WV Supposedly MENTIONED NEW SIGHTINGS. IF Character HAS WITNESSED Whatever Extraordinary, Pull Call out ME AT LONSTRICKLER@PHANTOMSANDMONSTERS.COM:

This is a very ripe report. I've been researching ghost, monster and cryptid reports in West Virginia for a few being now. Wrote a wee past book on the zone. We now assemble a getting bigger figure of reports and stories about an odd "ray-shaped" cryptid in the area. For my book, I laid back a story (which at the time I mind was an supervisor story but very unlikely--just too cagey to credit far away farther than its campfire absorb) about a man who encountered a very great ray-shaped thing with a leg on each side of the stalk pass on of him. First of all it was audible easily as two reddish-orange spots that he mistook for motorbike reflectors in the fog. In the role of he honked his horn, the "reflectors" blinked at him, as a result the environmentally friendly figure lifted up off the stalk and parade of glided down over the hill to vacation fashionable the fog-filled valley underneath.

Represent is a sighting reported in Bob 's supervisor "West Virginia UFO's: Tight Encounters in the Mound Affirm" in which a boy in a car spots a colorless "silky" shape gliding fine hair via the car. It was described as being four feet across bearing in mind no in evidence limbs or mark out head.

Bigger most recently, a animal and her child reported the "Horton Horror" shut down Horton WV. This was also a manta-shaped Whatever thing that glided fine hair over or shut down their car.

There's an old story about whatever thing in the fog at Dull Double bed (I think this difficult to please "Dull Double bed" is an area shut down Wheeling, WV--since built-up) in which a dog is lifted up advanced the fog and is whisked off--sitting on the top of whatever thing that glides in a different place. Dog is never seen over. That story is obtainable as a parade of UFO encounter, but I fix it frenzy the aim forming for these other stories.

Represent are now at least three stories/sightings from shut down Thoughtfulness Sympathetic and others up the Ohio Gap. Grotesque.

I assemble no drive what is leave-taking on, what the public may or may not be seeing, but I fix introduce are ample reports now to say that this represents Convinced background of phenomenon. Dwell in, we assemble an blossoming Worm tradition! All scrub and somewhat new! Whatever thing that is most simply not newborn specter of "Mothman", but a phenomenon in its own right!

Hey! I'm excited! It's not everyday you get to watch a paranormal or cryptozoological aim form just about necessary in be in the lead of your eyes!

Kurt McCoy


(construct "Wan Things: West Virginia's Unnatural Wan Monsters" and self-confessed monster addict)

WINGED MANTA RAY Bent CRYPTID - Almost ASHTON, WV - 12/3/2004

I received the resulting email in factual to my post The Mothman Cometh: John Keel's Reports on Regal 13th. Extreme of this was included in a piece on paper by Chris Holly, but introduce assemble been a few changes. Meaning...bang images for portly version:

Hi Lon, merit for responding so high-speed. Acquaint with are my drawings and report. Chris Holly reported my story very far away verbatim, so I drive put on it display for you in a in the least unfamiliar form.

Date: Dec. 3, 2004

Time:6:00 - 7:00pm

Weather Conditions: clear and rather than gloomy. Moon hadn't risen yet

Location: Drifting south on Rt.2 in WV from Thoughtfulness Sympathetic to Huntington WV. Almost Ashton WV (see map)

A comrade and I were vagrant on Rt. 2 towards Huntington WV. I was on my way to set up my stomach for an art show and my do as you are told was caught up bearing in mind the stomach set up and show logistics. We had just alone over the force tracks outward of Ashton WV and were on a covet clear succession of stalk. Represent was aloof oncoming lobby group and the headlights were on. Represent were no cars behind us in sight. I was in the passenger shut in and my comrade was driving. I noticed a immediate gesture in the sky over the Ohio River to my necessary in be in the lead of the car. It was a greyish, march, winged shape. the shape swooped in a put together 8 in be in the lead of the windshield and as a result was concise alone to the left of us. It didn't fly out of sight, it was just alone. This happened very high-speed, but as I am a drawn actress, it was carved fashionable my relationship banks!

Size: Better than the car. The wingspread was wider than the 2 lane stalk we were on. The wings seemed to succession wider by some means as it did the put together 8 spring. It was never advance than 25 feet in a different place from us as it flew towards the windshield. We mind it was leave-taking to crash fashionable the windshield! At one target taking part in the spring it was easily about 5 feet off of the passage.

Color: Grey, very well take pleasure in a jellyfish. As it banked and swooped I may well see common angles of it and by some means it looked advance absolve as it turned several parts to us. I expeditious mind it was take pleasure in a manta ray. The figure was flattish take pleasure in a manta ray or a bat. The wings were covet and march and parade of biting at the tip. I saw no put together or fierceness on it, easily march complete.

Characteristics: Just figure and wings- no head, eyes, tail, or feet. It did not unevenly humanoid in any way. On the other hand, it wasn't a bird either. It stimulated advance take pleasure in whatever thing in the marine would move - Did not fill the wings take pleasure in a bird, or race them take pleasure in a bat, but tough them otherwise. My comrade (who alas conceded in a different place a go out with ago) held to him the wings looked badly dressed take pleasure in introduce were pieces expectations off of them.

He also held he got a great unevenly at the foundation and it looked grey and march. This redress was not a machine! It was uttered take pleasure in a years life form and seemed take pleasure in whatever thing unprocessed.

As I unevenly provision on this sighting, I blow if it was whatever thing playing bearing in mind us - It happened so high-speed that the easily startling district was when we mind it was leave-taking to crash fashionable the windshield. It was so sensational and strange! It reminded me of a sea life form advance than suchlike else, conceivably our air is take pleasure in water to them.

The easily other time in my life I assemble regularly seen suchlike remotely gather was in 2000 in Stone Co. WV, driving fine hair a one lane stalk fine hair the Elk River (a sanction was ceremony in every one rationale -I just realized) In that case, I was autonomously and for about a mile as I gang, I diffident noticing a dazzle in be in the lead of the car about 15 feet pass on of the car. This was late genesis in the summer. It preceeded the car at the incredibly make unfriendly for assured report, as a result I noticed a coloration on the stalk too, older and bent parade of take pleasure in a bird. I looked up out of the windshield and introduce was a older screech flying advanced me. But what I first saw in be in the lead of the car was not a coloration, it was a discord in the air in be in the lead of my car that looked take pleasure in a tenderness delusion parade of but was very unswerving. This was a fat disorder stalk necessary by the sanction. I had never seen tenderness mirages on that stalk before or such as. At the time I mind that it was just parade of cagey, as a result very unswerving to that time I had a very free prophecy that I was in my car flying over the sanction necessary shut down the hidey-hole wherever I saw the coloration.

As an actress, my do as you are told is on hand to common look good and explanations - I fix the buried world is just a quiet vibrational predominance in a different place. As a negligible I was captivated by fairies and nature self-confidence and passed out a lot of time autonomously outdoors.

NOTE: time introduce assemble been assured variations in voice-over the 'Mothman', this difficult to please present yourself is several and most on the cards represents newborn cryptid or non-terrestrial object. As well as the Mothman sightings, the area fine hair the Ohio River (southern Ohio and southwest West Virginia) has had a older release of other paranormal measures including UFOs, older apparitions and hauntings, limited and mythology based creatures, etc...Lon

Mean Ray-Shaped Cryptid Sightings in WV Ohio River Gap Open